In partnership with the Alberta Sport Connection, (ASC), and Cross Country Alberta, (CCA), Alberta is taking part in a sport exchange with our sister Province of Gangwon, South Korea. The exchange program is for youth and is designed to be a goodwill mission that fosters trade and cultural agreements between our two provinces.
In the month of December 2017, Alberta will be in the second year of the two year agreement between Alberta and Gangwon South Korea. Alberta will be sending a team of 10 athletes, (5 male and 5 female), plus 5 leaders to Gangwon, South Korea for 10 days.
The dates of the exchange have been confirmed for December 10-19, 2017.
Cross Country Alberta invites you to apply to be a coach in this unique opportunity.
Korean Exchange Coach Selection Criteria:
- 2 Coaching positions are available for 1 male and 1 female.
- NCCP Competition Coaching Introduction (CCI – L2T) is recommended
- Dates of the Trip are mid December 2017 (exact dates TBA)
To be eligible, coaches must:
- Be a member of a CCA registered club in good standing
- Currently working with athletes in an Alberta club
- Be a resident of Alberta
- Holder of Alberta Health Card
- Holder of a current Canadian Passport
- Submit a written application by May 1, 2017 deadline which includes:
- Coaching resume
- Letter of reference from two individuals who have known the coach for at least 3 years and can provide a character reference. The letter should
- Specifically describe how the applicant has represented the sport of Cross Country Skiing within his or her club program, their conduct as a coach and their interaction with athletes and coaches.
- Final Selection’s will be announced by May 15, 2017.
- Application due May 1, 2017
- Coach Notification May 15, 2017
- Registration and Competition Clothing Size Orientation Meetings:
May 24, 2017 Calgary or May 25 Edmonton 2017
- Registration Package due June 30, 2017
- Exchange Update Meetings:
September 12, 2017 Calgary or September 13, 2017 Edmonton
- Athlete / Parent Orientation Meeting November 4, 2017
- Departure for Korea mid December 2017 / exact dates TBA
Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email Michael Neary, the CCA Sport Manager email@example.com or phone 780 415-1738.
You can download the form by clicking here: Korean Exchange 2017 Coaching Application