Club Registration Information
Oct 22nd, 2010
2012-2013 Club Membership Package
Each club must register/report the following with Cross Country Alberta:
1) Log in to Zone4 Club Membership database and sign the waiver: You will be prompted to sign this waiver when you make the first attempt to update your members. By signing this waiver, you are also registering your club for the upcoming season. Club registration must be completed by 12:00pm on November 15th
2) Update Member List: To ensure everyone is covered under the liability insurance, your club must add and/or update all members into the Zone4 online system. Remember that Skill Development Program participants (Jack Rabbit, etc.) should be members and be added to Zone4. For your club member list, please update/add as many members as possible in Zone4 by the deadline, and continue with updates on the first day of each month, beginning in December.
3) Register Additional Named Insured: Any individuals/organizations that are not a registered member of your club (Municipalities; Government Departments; Sponsors; Ski Hill Operators; Venue Providers/Facility Owners; etc.) should be registered with CCA. If they require a certificate of insurance, this can be arranged.
4) CCA Event Sanction Form or Club event calendar: Any event or race requires either an Event Sanction form to be filled out and submitted to CCA, or a Club event calendar to be submitted. This will ensure your event is covered by the insurance policy. If you have already done so, thank you very much!
5) Report any special risk activities: Such as mountain climbing.
The deadline for submitting/completing the items mentioned above is November 30.
Please note the Cross Country Canada (CCC) has undergone an extensive review of its waiver requirement with its insurance broker & underwriter to eliminate the use of waivers for minors involved in Nordic ski clubs and events. As a result, the wording has been updated for CCC clubs use on their membership forms. The revised Club Waiver and Acknowledgement Form can be found as Appendix 3 of the CCC Insurance Manual and the revised Pariticpant Form as Appendix 2.
We wish to remind you that all club members having completed the Club Waiver need not complete the Participant Form when participating in their own club's event.