The Cross Country Canada Women’s Committee is committed to supporting Junior Women undertaking full time study and competing at National Level. The committee recognizes that the financial challenges associated with attending university and travel to national level competitions are a major contributor to the poor retention of female athletes from Junior to U23 level competition. Through these grants the committee hopes to encourage the continuation of the next generation of female cross country skiers to national and international success.
$500 – 3 grants available
To be eligible, a nominee must:
- be enrolled as a full time student of an university, CEGEP, college or technical institute
- be enrolled full-time defined as taking a minimum of a 60% course load or greater in the qualifying semester (excluding spring or summer courses), and maintain a practice and training program acceptable to their coach.
- to be considered a full-time university student please complete the CCUNC eligibility form
- have intentions of attending at least 3 NorAm races in the 2017-2018 races and National Championships, (attending World Junior Championships would be considered as attending a NorAm)
- be eligible to compete in the Junior Women’s category for the 2017-18 competition season
- have finished in the Top 10 or 15 at a NORAM in the previous season. For 2nd year Junior Women top 10, first year Junior Women top 15 in Junior Girl.
Interested student athletes should forward a letter to the CCC Women’s Committee:
- identifying academic institution enrolled in – include a copy of enrolment status proof
- outlining short and long term athletic and academic goals
- identifying current ski program/Club and coach
- letter or recommendation from coach or program official
- outlining their need for financial assistance and how the grant will help
- list of results from 2016-2017 competition season
Applications are due by January 21th 2018
Successful applicants will be notified by January 31st 2018. Grants will be awarded based on previous results, goals, letter of recommendation and financial need.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Attention: Allison McArdle, Chair – Women’s Committee